Please sign in to post.

lease car in italy from Europe by car

Has anyone leased a car in italy from Europe by car. Was there any problems with the lease.I have always rented so i'm gun shy by doing a lease with a buy back. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Richard

Posted by
32202 posts

richard,

You might want to delete your duplicate threads on this topic so that you keep all replies in the same place.

Sorry, I can't offer any suggestions on leasing as I've never done that. You may be able to get some information by contacting gemut.com (I believe they have a toll free number). I've always found them very responsive with answers to questions.

Posted by
1698 posts

We have leased a car several times and I have researched prices extensively. It's a great program, and while the procedures seem idiosyncratic, it's far better than renting as you know the exact price and have full full full insurance without enduring the sales pitch at the rental counter. The broker you use - such as Europe by Car - doesn't matter very much as the cars and support are provided by just one company (TT Car) for Peugeot, Renault, and Citroen. The best price last December was through the AutoEurope subsidiary Kemwel Discount (http://www.kemwel.com/index.cfm?aff=A2B3C4) and for our upcoming spring trip it was about 5% less than everyone else. I have found the best car model price was definitely Peugeot and the 208 diesel is nice for a couple, similar to a Fiat Punto. Perhaps the biggest savings you can realize is by beginning and/or ending your trip in France to avoid the extra pick-up or drop-off fee. We fly in and out of Nice which is only 2 hours from Genoa and less than 5 from Florence.