Please sign in to post.

Layover in Rome

It’s getting close!!!! I’m so excited!!! We leave for Italy in two months!!! We’ll be flying into Rome and have a layover of 1 hour and 15 minutes before our flight to Venice. That doesn’t sound very long to me, but I don’t know what we’ll need to do in FCO, and that’s how ITA booked it. The itinerary states we arrive in Terminal 3 and depart from Terminal 1. Should I go ahead and change Rome to Venice to a later flight or leave it and assume ITA will make the necessary changes if the incoming flight is delayed? We’re considering a water taxi in Venice and don’t know if we should arrange ahead of time. Any advice is welcome. Thanks ~

Posted by
6976 posts

Is this a direct flight to Rome?
If so it will be your entrance to Schengen so you will have to go thru Passport Control
ITA should have your luggage checked thru to Venice so no worries there

If you miss the connection ITA will get you on next flight with available seats

No need to pre book water taxi. But if you do they will monitor your flight arrival

Posted by
11719 posts

Still hurricane season so weather delays in the SE and East coast are not to be ruled out.

Is Home to Venice all one ticket?

Should I go ahead and change Rome to Venice to a later flight or leave it and assume ITA will make the necessary changes if the incoming flight is delayed?

Will they allow you to change that without a punitive fee?

If your trip is a single ticket, ITA will get you on the next flight that has available space. ( not necessarily the next flight)

Not knowing the details of your flights, hard to answer the question.

Posted by
8 posts

You bring up a valid point - our itinerary is New Orleans to JFK with Delta then ITA to Rome to Venice. ITA is one booking, Delta is separate. And yes, it will still be hurricane season. Nothing much we can do about that.

I do think I’m going to look into changing the Rome to Venice flight. Wish me luck!

Posted by
11719 posts

New Orleans to JFK with Delta then ITA to Rome to Venice. ITA is one booking, Delta is separate.

So how long do you have at JFK?

It looks like it could be just 2hrs?

Will you have checked bags?