Please sign in to post.

Layover at CDG

In January, we will be flying from Florence to JFK with connection in Paris. Is 2 hours and 15 minutes enough time between flights to get through passport control? It's been a few years since we connected through CDG, and back then that may not have been enough time. Thanks in advance for all responses. Much appreciated.

Posted by
6949 posts

It should be enough time, especially in January. I would be a little worried if it was an hour and a half or less, but I think you should be fine. The last time I went through, it took me about an hour and 15 minutes. And that was in May. And I was going from a non-Schengen country to a Schengen country so I had to go through security. You won’t have to on the way back.

Posted by
9 posts

I was just getting ready to ask about layover at CDG. Next week we are coming from the USA thru CDG TO Barcelona. What signs do we look for to go through passport control? Do we go through a security check too, but not customs until we get to Barcelona?
Thank you. Sorry to piggyback on your question

Posted by
11432 posts

A single ticket ? If so, the airline has confidence it can be done, otherwise they are on the hook for the expense of putting you on another flight.

If 2 DIY tickets... , that would be more drama than I would enjoy.

January is a good news/bad news situation... the good, not the crush of summer travel; the bad, the vagaries of winter weather.

Posted by
1742 posts

Plenty of time based on our last two transfers in 2022. I think the delays from a terminal construction and then Covid have been resolved. Look on the relevant forum on FlyerTalk.com for more current info.