Please sign in to post.

Laundry in Varenna

Arriving in Varenna Tuesday morning.
Interested in doing or having some clothing laundered. Has anyone recently done or used a service or laundromats ?

Posted by
7688 posts

We were wondering about doing laundry in Perugia, since we will be there for 6 nights in May after our TransAtlantic cruise.

Posted by
7578 posts

Nothing specific for those towns, but we do laundry about once a week while traveling. I have always had luck just doing a simple Google search when I am in an area, and a couple options come up. The key word you are looking for is "Lavanderia"

For Varenna, a place called 24/7 Self Market is listed, pictures show the usual coin op machines.

For Perugia, there are a half dozen places shown, the best one will be near where you stay.

We always have some laundry sheets on hand, but most coin-op places now have machines that automatically add soap they provide.
Expect to pay up to 7 or 8 euro per decent size load to wash, another 3-4 euro to dry.

Posted by
155 posts

This morning we just put our dirty clothes in to Pensa Barbara, next day service, wash and fold €4/kg. There were a couple of good reviews.

Posted by
827 posts

We were just in Varenna and there were two laundromat places that I saw.

One is called 24/7 Self Market and it has vending machines with all kinds of things and couple of self service washing machines. Directions are hard in Varenna but it's just off the "upper" walkway street not far from the main piazza as you walk down to the water. It has a doorway with a big 24/7 painted on it so it's hard to miss.
The second is the back is the back of a collection of shops just off the main waterfront area. It's labelled "6 shops in 1" (I'll try and include a google maps link to a photo) and in the back is a pay public toilet and some washers and dryers. It says "wash and dry" on the sign outside but it's not obvious at all unless you walk through the shops.

https://www.google.com/maps/@46.0105286,9.2828331,3a,75y,39.86h,82.36t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipPiEv4ZMTZpXOzvdKZ2UtId8Hu6wgTik5v3N5ZI!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipPiEv4ZMTZpXOzvdKZ2UtId8Hu6wgTik5v3N5ZI%3Dw203-h100-k-no-pi-0-ya142.83687-ro-0-fo100!7i6080!8i3040

Varenna is small so I doubt you'll have trouble finding either if these but it's hard to describe and you can't really use Google maps for pedestrian only areas.

The bottom line is there a couple so you can just ask if you are in doubt. This is unlike Porto Venere which is so swanky we needed to go to Le Grazie to do laundry.
=Tod