Please sign in to post.

Laundry in Siena

Does anyone have any recent information on laundry in Siena? On our planned September trip, our logical mid-trip laundry need will be during our time in Siena. I am striking out at finding any current information on laundromats, lavenderia, services etc. in Siena. Anything found on a Google search or Google maps appears to be gone. The listing in my 2017 RS Italy was not there in 2019 (nor is also the place we ultimately found), I've not seen the later books but I don't think they will help. References here and TA are old and again do not show anywhere. I have even emailed the Siena TI per email addresses I found, and the email addresses for the TI failed! So far the B and B were we reserved has not responded to my asking this when sending an email with particulars, they may have simply stopped with our projected arrival time. Anything would be helpful, as there is possibly a place a bit under a mile or so from the train/bus station that we could to directly - if we knew that was a viable option.

We are not looking for anything fancy, we are fine with a coin op and wandering around while it cleans. Thanks in advance.

Posted by
54 posts

The current (2022 copyright) RS Italy suggests two laundries; Lavanderia San Pietro (Via San Pietro 70) and Lavanderia Waterland (Via dei Rossi 94). Hope this helps.

Posted by
5258 posts

I went to Lavanderia Waterland , some years back, and visited St. Francis Basilica down the street while my clothes were drying.

I packed my own detergent but didn’t need it because the washing machines dispense detergent during the wash cycle.

Gelateria Kopakabana is on the same street going down to the laundromat, at Via dei Rossi, 52.

Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
2776 posts

Thank you both, that citation is encouraging. I had noted both of these in a prior search, but could not tell if either was still operational. They both show on street view, the second listing Lavender Waterline does have a webpage. But it says ORARIO APERTURA DAL 01/11 AL 30/04 - 07:00 ALLE 23:00, doesn't that mean Nov 1-April 30, so they would be closed September? The only contact method is WhatsApp and I am afraid I could not surmount the language issue (especially if they are closed for the season). And I can think of far worse places to hang out while doing laundry than the back streets of Siena.

Posted by
6542 posts

I think that means open hours from 11/1 til 4/30 are 7 am thru 11 pm

Implying that the remainder of year has diff hours, probably open 24 hours?

(Can’t imagine why they would close from May til November)

Posted by
2776 posts

Christine, that's a good point, but the site indicates those same hours both with the restricted dates and without. The restriction shows on the Home page, the Waterland page with the descriptions of the services shows 7-23 without qualifiers. In any event, I just noticed a contact method further down the web page, and even sent my message both in English and translated to Italian. I will post up when/if I get a response.

Too hot in there May through October?