Please sign in to post.

Last Supper tickets

Are you able to buy tickets to the Last Supper through a tour guide or another sight other then the official one? If so, any recommendations.

Posted by
196 posts

I took a tour that included the Last Supper and a tour inside the cathedral. It was a half day, and I thought it was a good value.

Posted by
355 posts

On our 2nd trip through Milan it was totally worth it. The tour was amazing. Depends upon your priorities and what you want to see and do.

Posted by
15 posts

Which tour group did you use? We would really like to see the Last Supper and a tour may be our only option. I have also read that there are cancellations sometimes and if you go to the ticket office there may be a chance for last minute tickets.

Posted by
355 posts

I think find the tour that works with what you want to see and do. Ours included The Last Supper as that was our priority,

Posted by
33 posts

When are you going? Tickets for May, June, July go on sale tues 14th

Posted by
2 posts

I just tried to buy tickets for May on the official website. They had the day and time I wanted, but when I tried to buy the tickets they asked me my place and date of birth and my residence address. I don’t like giving all of this information to an Italian website for a 15 minute visit to see a painting in a small church. I don’t want to have to sign up for a ‘tour’ of the city just to see the painting. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Posted by
9 posts

I was up in time to purchase this morning and then discovered that tickets are not available for the first Sunday of each month (June 4 in my case). Some googling found that those are free days and can only be booked by phone. However my cell phone plan does not allow international calls and we no longer have a landline. So I’m out of luck :(

Posted by
27057 posts

It's not at all uncommon to have to supply some personal information when buy sightseeing tickets. I think it's at least partly an effort to prevent or at least reduce scalping. You may not encounter that requirement if you book a tour, but you'll be paying a lot more money--fine if you want what the tour offers and don't mind having your time controlled by the tour company. Everyone's time is limited at The Last Supper venue, so I don't think taking a tour will compromise your viewing of the painting. I don't like the pace at which mass-market tours take their customers through museums in general; you get an overview, which is not what I'm looking for at museums I particularly want to see.

Posted by
15795 posts

Sonja, I'll just agree with acraven here the mandate to provide a certain amount of personal info is most likely to try and cut down on scalping. The Colosseum's (Rome) ticketing website to access their most in-demand areas is requiring similar. Visitors are so intent on getting into those parts of the arena that scalped tickets would be worth a great deal on the street! I figure the same applies to Last Supper tickets.

From the Coopculture wite:
"Full Experience underground and arena tickets only, will be nominative and will show the visitor's personal data..In case of mismatch with the identity document, access to the Colosseum will not be allowed and no refund will be allowed."

Honestly, if crowd levels continue to increase, I wouldn't be surprised to see this requirement apply to even more of Europe's most-visited places.