Please sign in to post.

Last Supper Tickets

This may be more of a vent than a question. I've been waiting since July for the Last Supper ticket site to open tickets for October. Sept 19 is the magic day. Tried online last night hoping the start time might be after midnight, but no luck. Tried again this morning starting at 6AM EST. The online calendar showed tickets only available on 4 days. Then a few minutes later, 6 days. Of course, none of the days were days I would be in Milan. I've tried calling (001 39 0292800360) but get a rapid-fire response in Italian followed by a busy signal. Does anyone out there have a suggestion?? I'm thinking now my only option is to find a tour, although I really want only my 15 minutes and an audioguide. Thanks for any help you might offer.

Posted by
972 posts

Is it possible that the online calendar is for their guided tour, not for tickets?

Posted by
6306 posts

Ruth, we had a similar experience. When I called on the "magic day," there was only one ticket available for the days we were going to be in Milan. I think they just get snapped up early - really early. We did manage to see it, but only by taking a tour. I will say that the tour (through City Wonders) was good, and the section of the tour that dealt with the Last Supper was excellent.

Posted by
16893 posts

The calendar at http://www.vivaticket.it/index.php?nvpg[evento]&id_show=63954&idt=744 seems to be selling tickets at the regular rate of €10 + 2 advance booking fee and not adding a €3.50 tour fee, so I don't think that's the issue.

If you call again, their business hours are 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday-Saturday. It still may take a few tries if they're busy.

If nobody saw a "full" calendar online last night, it's possible that they did not load all dates at once. But I'm just speculating.

Posted by
972 posts

Laura,
I'm trying to get 4 tickets on Friday, Oct 20. Will try again during business hours. Thanks.

Posted by
972 posts

Laura,
I just checked the website you referenced -- Vivaticket. When I called them earlier today they told me that was not the correct site for buying tickets and gave me the number I listed in my original post. Very confused now.

Posted by
12 posts

I had tried to obtain tickets from the US for September 3 without any luck. On the off chance that we could get tickets, we showed up at the ticket office at 0800. When they opened, we were able to get tickets as did a lot of other people. Those 15 minutes with The Last Supper were well worth it!

Posted by
1540 posts

I know you are wanting tickets just for the Last Supper.....
but when I was in Milan I did the 1/2 day tour of Milan which included going into the Last Supper. I used viator.com and we really enjoyed the 1/2 day tour of Milan. I had been there a few times, and still learned and saw so much more of Milan.
www.viator.com and then enter Milan.
Hope you are able to get into see the Last Supper it is a lifetime experience you should not miss.
Another thing I would really recommend seeing in Milan - Cimitero Monumentale di Milano. We took the city bus from a stop across the street from the Duomo to get to the Cemetery (read the directions in the RS Italy book) There are many very famous people buried there and the monuments are unbelieveable.
Happy Travels.