Please sign in to post.

Last Supper Tickets

I saw today that tickets to the Last Supper for May, June, and July go on sale this Wednesday, March 20 at noon. They haven’t changed to DST yet so they are 5 hours ahead of those of us on the East Coast. I’ll be trying to get them!

Posted by
9576 posts

Bumping up so people see this nice reminder.

Hope you get your tickets !

Posted by
700 posts

Yes! Lucky you ET to only be 5 hours difference. I’ll be setting my alarm for 3:45 am to try to get our choice for May. Crossing my fingers but…….

Posted by
20 posts

As I contemplate the race to get Last Supper tickets, has anyone done this before? I created an account and know to be logged in before the start time (and refresh!), but then what? Choose the date you want and possibly time? Does it help to be signed in on more than one device? Thanks for any guidance. ET

Posted by
304 posts

Yes! I got up at the wee hours last year to book as soon as it opened up. I was glad I did as I had been wanting to go for so long, that I wanted to ensure I’d get a ticket.

Having an account is a good idea. I didn’t and was hoping I was entering everything correctly in my half awake state.

I also added the optional guided tour for an additional 8€ and it was excellent, well worth it. Edited to add: looks like it’s 9€ this year

Posted by
184 posts

I have mentioned this before, but try to have two credit cards ready to go. I had a glitch with my first one being declined.

Posted by
20 posts

For Oct. 3, I am guessing to start checking their website in June? If I'm ordering in mid-March for May-June-July, then maybe June. I don't know how far in advance they post when tickets will be available for sale for the next 3 months; I just happened to check this weekend and saw the notice (I had checked a couple of weeks ago). As Rick suggested in his guidebook, I made an account (go to get tickets and then you can create an account without having to actually get tickets at that time). I'll update what I experience on Wednesday.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks so much for this post, i never even thought of seeing this masterpiece but have registered and will be online at 6am tomorrow to attempt to get tickets!

Posted by
13 posts

Thanks for the reminder. I have been checking constantly to see when they go on sale, and saw the other day that they are on sale tomorrow (March 20). I also set up an account. We will only be in Milan for one day at the end of our trip, so hoping to be able to get tickets. Good luck to everyone.

Posted by
14 posts

What is the website for booking tickets? I've been doing web searches and am only finding tickets for this that are part of other tours. Thanks!

Posted by
700 posts

I so hope you got your tickets. It was a bit more of a process than I thought it might be. I was on the vivaticket website, logged in with my account in plenty of time-but at refresh at :56, I was put into the queue with a scary wait time of 22 minutes. Wasn’t expecting that one.

Whew!! Done and I didn’t even order the additional two tickets I had in the cart!

I will try to post what happened in a specific post so others can glean from it, unless you beat me to it and yours is more succinct.

Posted by
24 posts

An interesting process this morning - I attempted to access the website at 6:50 am EDT (11:50 am CET) and was immediately put in a queue and told I would be able to access the website 11 minutes past the hour. This was concerning as I had not anticipated a queue system (although it makes sense), but every time slot I was potentially interested in still had lots of tickets available once I got in. One point of note is that I attempted to access the website on a second device as a backup at about 6:59 am, and I suppose the queue was so full at this point that the website would not even load.

One other note: I had created an account the day before, and quickly logged in once I got into the website at 11 minutes past the hour. Once I had added the ticket to my cart and was ready to purchase, I saw a small warning indicator with a red X, and when I clicked on it, it warned me that my ticket was missing a visitor name, so I needed to fill in my first and last name. I suppose adding the name of the visitor is part of the process if you purchase when not logged in, but if you create an account and log in, make sure to watch out for this step at the checkout stage (they do note that you may be refused entry if your ticket name doesn't match your ID when you arrive).

Posted by
20 posts

OK, I'm trying to buy tickets and when I get to the page to pay for them, all that is available is "Gest Pay" but no place to insert my credit card #. I've tried twice now...

Posted by
5 posts

Click on the Guest Pay button to go to the third party pay site. You're almost there.

Posted by
20 posts

I've tried 3 times and each time I use up my 3 tries... I'll try one more time. I'm at work so I will have to give up and maybe try this evening.

Posted by
5 posts

On the cenacolovinciano.vivaticket.it website, click on the picture above the fares text (left one of the two pictures, towards the bottom) to go to another page. When you get the calendar, pick the day and time and then select the number of tickets you want, next page will show the fares for each person. This is where you need to add each person's name. It did not look like a red X to me, more a black M near the prices. Click on the icon to add each person's name as it is shown on their passport. Click the three small boxes agreeing to their policies at the bottom and continue. At the pay page, click on the GuestPay button which will take you to the third party pay site to enter your credit card info. The box below the GuestPay button does nothing.
Hope this helps.

Posted by
38 posts

I am not even able to access the website. Got in once after waiting for an hour in the queue only to get kicked out for inexplicable reason. Since then no luck accessing the website. Tried chrome, safari. Same results.
Any tips?

Posted by
20 posts

I'm wondering if my work computer firewall is preventing the purchase. A bit frustrating but then I had read it was tricky. I hope others have had more success!

Posted by
20 posts

Thank you, Dover, for your detailed instructions. Those are the steps I've been following. I just can't get past the GuestPay button. I'll try later. So far, there are quite a few choices for the date I want.

Posted by
5 posts

It very well could be your work cybersecurity. Make sure you create a full vivaticket account, including birth place and passport number, on the very first page and are logged in before clicking on the picture. Keeping trying as i think alot of people get stuck and never complete the order process.

Posted by
700 posts

I did post under Italy about my experience this morning. A titch long, but might help.

I didn’t experience the Guest Pay I don’t think. I was getting nervous as my time was running out-think the pay site was Italian only, but I don’t remember GuestPay. There was a place that had icon credit cards held in a hand-a long slot? I just typed mine in hoping it was the right place and the paysite took it from there.

This was not an easy purchase by any means.

Good luck ET. Sounds like you had a more perplexing try than I did.

Posted by
20 posts

I got tickets thanks to my son in Seattle. He logged in with my information and got past the payment page (with my credit card # in case they ask for that when I pick up tickets). I'm pretty sure it was the firewall here at work. He's a millenial and even he said the website was terrible. Good luck to those of you still trying to get tickets!

Posted by
20 posts

Shom - were you able to get on the website? They offered to send me an email when my place in the queue was available. Hope you were able to get in.

Posted by
38 posts

@ET
Unfortunately No. I was able to get into the website but the tickets were all gone😪. This is very unfirtunare because we planned to be in Milan just for this for half a day. I had marked my calender, set a timer, had created an account all agead of time.
Now looking for 3rd party vendors. Any recommendations?
Also read on the website that additional tickets might be available periodically. But can't rely on that.

Posted by
27120 posts

We've had at least one poster who took a chance and went over to the church early one day to ask whether there were perhaps last minute tickets, and there were. I have no idea whether that happens fairly often or the poster was incredibly lucky.

Posted by
5 posts

Don't give up if you were not able to book your tickets on March 20th! On the home page it says that they release more tickets every week on Wednesday at 12 noon CET. As a previous poster noted, you may also be able to walk up on the day of your visit and possibly be able to purchase tickets.

If you get through to the checkout page and you get a message that your information is incomplete, click on the box and it will let you put in the name of the person who will be using the tickets. Then the error message goes away and you can complete your purchase. It had me stumped for a minute until I clicked on it.
As of right now, it looks like lots of availability remaining for July.
Good luck!

Posted by
197 posts

The credit card advice was spot on!! It declined to authorize my card although I used that card to book everything else.
I called my bank after I booked and they saw no attempts to use the card and no reason it should not have gone through.

I used a different card with no issues so I have no idea why that happened.

And although I registered days before, I was surprised when it asked me for my passport number when I was getting the tickets. So have that info handy!

Posted by
700 posts

@Cissy K- wow! Your passport number? That’s really strange, but good to hear you have your ticket and whatever extras you may have purchased.

Posted by
51 posts

We saw the Last Supper a few years ago and I found it impossible to get tickets on line or by phone.

In the end I asked our hotel to get them for us, which they did very easily.

It is another option if you are having trouble.

Try very hard to get them, to me it was one of the most spectactular things I have seen.