Please sign in to post.

Last Supper in Milan

I will be in Milan next week and would like to see the Last Supper (last minute, I know). I e-mailed my hotel asking if they could help me get tickets. They replied that no tickets are available for the day I want, but they DO have a city tour which includes the mural - for euro 55.

I checked online, and I seem to be able to get tickets from tickitaly.com for euro 16. Think the hotel is just trying to sell me their tour? Should I take my chances with tickitaly.com?

Any advice is appreciated!

Posted by
13 posts

I think tickitaly.com will just reply to you that there is no available tickets. Because of reservation owner change, no reservation was possible for Sep/Oct timeframe (but city tour already reserved some slots).

So if you are trying to see The Last Supper in October, all you can do is either (1) do the city tour that includes The Last Supper, or (2) get there in the morning to see if there are any available slots.

So I think the hotel is telling you the truth.

(I'm on the same boat. I can't take the city tour because of our arrival time, so I'll just have to go there and hope there are some slots available...)

Posted by
23301 posts

Probably. Or the hotel is unable to reserve or purchase single tickets. Or the hotel can only buy so many tickets and prefer to use them with their package. Or it would be unusual for the hotel to organize a tour so am guessing that the hotel is selling a package for a tour operator. What is your risk of using tickitaly? Put on a credit card and you can contest it if no tickets available. If that blows up, I will bet you can always opt to the hotel tour at the last minute.

Posted by
7 posts

We just did this. Tried and tried to get tickets to Last Supper before we went, but couldn't. I found out that the 'old' reservation company has been fired and they had taken reservations for Sept and Oct and would not give their bookings to the new company. So they can't make any new bookings because they don't know what is already booked. They can take reservations from Nov 1 forward.

We booked the Milan tour (including the Last Supper viewing) with a company called Zani Viaggi. It was about 50 euros and 3-4 hours and I think everyone on the tour was there only to see the Last Supper.

http://www.zaniviaggi.it/tour/elenco_tour.asp?id_tipo_tour=1

It's the Gran tour of Milan. The tour was booked, but we were luckily able to get on at the last minute due to cancellations.

I mistakenly thought that we would be able to get Last Supper tickets at the church from cancelled bookings. We were told that even if the people didn't show up, they were already paid for and couldn't be resold. "I have my money - it's not my problem."

I suggest you book the Zani Viaggi in advance if you really, really want to see the Last Supper.

Posted by
32 posts

Book using tickitaly- I used them recently in September. Though they are expensive but Last Supper was worth it. You can also try calling the phone reservation. When I was looking the phone line was still down

Posted by
17 posts

We went two weeks ago and there will be two lines for entrance, one for reservations and the other for walk ups. I did not see anyone turned down. Be sure to visit the chapel on the other side of the church to see The Codex Leicester (previously known as Codex Hammer) a collection of 25 drawings writings by Leonardo da Vinci. VERY cool display of da Vinci. $15 euros. We stayed longer there than at the Last Supper.