Please sign in to post.

Last minute advice

Getting ready for my trip to the Amalfi coast on Set 16 thru 21 and was hoping for last minute advice. This trip I am less detailed than previous trips. I will stay in a B&B outside of Sorrento ( Torre Cangiani in Massa Lubrense) my husband is now able to join me after all...so we are renting a car :) Hope to see Naples for a day, Pompie, drive to Ravello, see vineyards in the area. Quick trip to Capri/AnaCapri, and visit the cheese farms down by Paesteum. We will use the Autostradia for that Journey. We leave the car in Sorrento and head to Rome for 2 days by train. Any extra advice is greatly appreciated. I am assuming the weather is still warm. I did see that their are areas open to the public free in Rome but we miss that by a week!! Hope to see a concert/music in Ravello.I hear their are festivals?
Hope to hear from all the experts here...12 more days and counting!! Pat

Posted by
1589 posts

That's a fairly tight schedule. Consider deleting the day in Naples.

Posted by
7737 posts

My main piece of advice is to enjoy the moments, and don't fret about whether you would be having a better time someplace else in Italy. Too often people second-guess themselves out of a great trip. Also, think of any bad experiences as material for good stories when you get home. It helps put a positive spin on it. Have a great time.

Posted by
653 posts

Michael is so right, you can make great stories out of what seem like huge problems at the time. In Paestum: don't forget the Musuem (closed on Mondays) and the Archaeological Zone right across the street from it. You can get a combination ticket for both. You can also take a splash at the beach.

Posted by
293 posts

I am getting so excited. It is going to be wonderful no matter what. Actually my best experiences are the ones I never planned. Like going to a hot spring in Tuscany and my glasses falling off when the water hit me from the waterfall and having all these Italian guys helping me look for my glasses which of coarse I couldn't see so I had to crawl around in the water to feel for them in the mud...akward moment..:) where was my husband ?? glued to the topless girls helping find the old blind ladies glasses.. Now that was a story and a chuckle
Pat