Please sign in to post.

Lake Garda

Hello all back again to re-plan our Italian trip for 2022, we were on a cruise that was cancelled and don't want to do a cruise this time! I know it's early but sooo bored with our lockdowns so why not... anyhow can anyone recommend either a 2 bed, 2 bath condo or a B&B with private bath on the Lake on the South end that is around the 100 Euro rate? Converted to CAD is a little over $150. We're only staying two nights on our road trip from Venice via Cortina on our way to Tuscany etc.

Thank you,

Jean

Posted by
2281 posts

hey hey jean
what time of year are you planning this trip? do you have a place in venice and "road trip" with a car, are you parking at piazzale roma lot while in venice?
aloha

Posted by
490 posts

Hi Princess, we're planning on end of September '22 and plan to fly into Venice & I do have an eye on a place and hope to rent a car from there.
Jean

Posted by
2281 posts

hey jean
good to know. we stayed in bardolino at hotel nettuno overnight for their annual wine festival end of sept/first of oct. it was fabulous.
prices go up for that event, i'll look at some places i saved and let you know. yes it's early but i'll send you some other things about lake. it's a gorgeous place with small villages, a ferry with rides on the lake. it's nice to stay where they have a stop for ferry. since you will be driving, get you IDP (driving permit) from AAA/CAA for each driver for a cost of about $25 and 2 passport photos.
may be hard to find two bed/two bath at that price, maybe hotel room for each, since short stay.
will get back at you
aloha

Posted by
490 posts

Hey Princess

You're very kind to help, I appreciate suggestions you can provide!

Jean

Posted by
11053 posts

We enjoyed staying on the south west side of the lake in Saló, almost all visitors were Italian or other Europeans. Pretty town with a nice long walkway along the waterfront. We stayed in a hotel so can’t help with apts.

Posted by
490 posts

Hi Suki, we're flexible where we stay so a Hotel is fine; if you can recommend yours, please let me know the name.

Thanks,
Jean