Please sign in to post.

Lake Como -- Varenna

Best hotel to stay in Varenna while spending a couple of days seeing Lake Como? Affordability?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by
5409 posts

What is affordable and what does best mean to you ( elevator, ac, view, balcony, breakfast, etc)? How many people and when? Perhaps do your research reading reviews and ratings on booking.com, then come back with specific places. For most properties, book directly for lowest price. Safe travels!

Posted by
110 posts

My husband and I stayed at the Michelangelo Bed and Breakfast last year. We're fairly cost conscious so the price was acceptable for the town. The owner is a great guy. There are only a few rooms. The room we had included a small balcony that faced the lake. The breakfast was unbelievable and eggs were cooked to order. I'd suggest booking early depending on the time of year.

https://www.michelangelobnb.it/

Posted by
5288 posts

My mom and I enjoyed our 3 night stay at Albergo Milano years ago.

We actually booked the Casa Gialla apartment, a charming two bedroom apartment (one has a choice of making it a one or two bedroom apartment)
Breakfast was included in the price and it was served at the hotel’s terrace which offers great views of the beautiful lake.

This apartment does not have a view of the lake but the price was more reasonable than those with a view.

Enjoy your time in beautiful Varenna!