Please sign in to post.

Lake como question

Hello,
we are going to lake como (hopefully this year!) for a few days and staying in bellagio. I read in Rick's book that the easiest way back and forth across the lake is on the mid-lake shuttle. I looked on line for it and what I saw stated it only runs until October 1st.

is that accurate? Has anyone been in bellagio or varenna after oct 1 and used that shuttle? thank you

DAn

Posted by
32171 posts

I assume you're referring to the Ferries from Varenna to Bellagio? It's likely there will be a schedule change on 1 October, so you won't be able to see those schedules until the new ones are released. There will be Ferries operating, but probably at a reduced schedule at that time of year.

Posted by
78 posts

I hope you get to go, as Lake Como is beautiful. Keep in mind that a lot of the hotels/ restaurants close during the late Fall/ Winter/

Posted by
7 posts

Have been there (last season) in October and ferries run regularly though maybe not as frequent as in summer months. wonderful time to go!!

Posted by
10344 posts

Anyone planning to visit there after the regular tourist season should be sure, from their own research, that going that late in the year will lead to what they hoped to experience.

Posted by
37 posts

thank you all for the feedback. it is greatly appreciated. safe travels to all.

Dan

Posted by
366 posts

We stayed in Varenna in late June and one night there was a cold, heavy rain. In the morning, we could see a good amount of snow in the mountaintops surrounding the lake. It was beautiful, but make sure you have lots of layers for comfort.

Posted by
1357 posts

We used the ferries to get around several years ago in early November. Can't imagine they won't be operating this fall.

Posted by
65 posts

We were in Varenna in Mid April last year and it was sunny the whole time with temperatures in the 70's.

Your mileage may vary.

Rick