Please sign in to post.

Lake como area

Will be staying 2 days/nights in Bellagio. Have 1 day/night remaining prior to going to Lake Garda for a wedding. Any ideas for where to spend that extra day/night? Thank you!

Posted by
32219 posts

LP,

Staying in a location for one night is a waste of time (IMO) as once travel times are taken into account, that really only allows a few hours to look around. Getting from Bellagio to any of the other locations around Lago di Garda (ie: Verona) is going to take at least four hours (or more).

In the same situation, I'd probably go to the wedding location on Lago di Garda and spend an extra night exploring there. Where is the wedding being held?

Posted by
62 posts

I don't have the actual location only know it is a villa in the lake garda area. Specific information is forthcoming. We are flying in and out of Milan with our first 2 days already booked in Bellagio. Thank you

Posted by
32219 posts

Once you get the location of the Villa, I may be able to offer some further comments.

Posted by
2455 posts

I agree that moving to someplace new for one night is not very productive, given checking in and out, transit, etc. You could either spend a third night in Bellagio, giving you more time to explore that beautiful town, or Varenna, or others parts of Lake Como, or else go to your Lake Garda lodging a day early, and enjoy a free down day around that gorgeous lake.