Please sign in to post.

Lake Como

Where is good reasonable lodging near Lake Como?

Posted by
32325 posts

Jeff, Could you be more specific? Which part of Lago di Como are you considering? What do you consider "reasonable" lodgings? Most here prefer to stay in the mid-lake area, in the small town of Varenna. There are lots of accommodation choices in various price ranges listed in the Guidebook. If you could provide more specific details, it would be easier to make suggestions. Cheers!

Posted by
249 posts

In Varenna, we stayed at Albergo Milano, with balcony. A nice place in a central location on Como.

Posted by
1446 posts

Jeff, we also stayed at Albergo Milano in Varenna. We had a lakefront room with a balcony overlooking the lake and the hotel and views couldn't have been better! We really enjoyed our stay there. Varenna is a quaint and relaxing little town and I really enjoyed staying in Varenna.

Posted by
10555 posts

For a nice, but a little more budget place try the Orange House in Varenna. They have 2 bedrooms, one upstairs with an ensuite bathroom, and one downstairs with it's own bathroom, but it is across the hall. There is a communal living room/eating area. We paid 73 euros per night and that included breakfast. I would definitely stay there again.

Posted by
75 posts

We are travelling to lake Como in June and am looking for lodging. My dilemma is Como or Varenna. Which is the better location and accessible to the other lakes in the area? The map appears to tell me to stay in Como but RS says Varenna?
We will not have a car.

Posted by
75 posts

My biggest dillema is getting around Lake Como...we want to go to Lake Maggiore as well perhaps to Switzerland. Is it easy to get to these locations from Varenna or is it better to stay in Como? What town/village would anyone recommend? We will not have a car. Is it best to stay on the west side of Lake Como?

Posted by
1010 posts

We stayed in Lugano, Switzerland and did day trips to Lake Como and Lake Magiorre. It worked out great as they are very close by. Elaine [email protected]

Posted by
1018 posts

You need to be more specific in dollar/euro amounts. Last summer we stayed at Hotel Tre Re in Como and it was ok. The staff was great and the hotel is a little worn. We took a lake cruise to Bellagio and it took most of the day. The cruise and Bellagio were both nice. Buon viaggio,