Please sign in to post.

La Crociona

Has anyone stayed at this Agriturismo Recently, it's in Montalcino. It has gotten some bad feedback in 2005, so I'm hoping things havre improved. The web site is beautiful of course. I'm leaving at the end of the month. Thank You Whoops , how about the name La Crociona

Posted by
831 posts

Barbara,
If you look at 'Agriturismo' on the Graffiti Wall you will see very positive reviews on 6/5, 6/3, and 4/20/08. And yes I have stayed there and think it is outstanding.

Posted by
361 posts

Hi Barbara,
My husband and I spent 6 nights at La Crociona last Oct 07-13. We had the bottom floor of the hayloft. It was a great space for two although it had a bed chesterfield in the living room to sleep one or two more if nescessary. The kitchen was well equipped and there was a nice bathroom. Outside, there was a nice patio with table, chairs and umbrella. The pool looked very nice but was closed due to the lateness of the season. (We knew that when we booked). Barbara and sometimes Fiorella were available to answer questions and make touring and restaurant suggestions. The agriturismo is very well located about 10 minutes from Montalcino. (If you go, I really recommend that you read "Vanilla Beans and Brodo" by Isabella Dusi. I read it while I was there and the insight to the history and culture of the village gave me a much greater understanding and appreciation of what we were seeing. We were able to drive to Volterra, Pienza, Moltipulciano(sp) and other Montalcino wineries. We could see Siena as we drove to Volterra. We had winetasting with Roberto at the winery and he toured us through their cellar. (Excellent wine!) It was very convenient to many of the other Tuscan hilltowns. All of that said, they were very busy with their wine business at that particular time and didn't have much time to socialize. I think if we had gone earlier (before the harvest), there would have been more socializing with other guests as well as our hosts. Our rate was 70 Euros a night which for the facility was a very good value. I hope that this helps. If you have any other questions I would be happy to answer them if I can. It goes without saying that I am very envious of you as we are determined to go back to Italy some day.
Ciao,
Sherry