Please sign in to post.

itinerary thoughts?

I am going on the 7 days in Rome tour in early November and was planning on leaving for Rome (Nov. 6), staying the night (Nov. 7), then heading to Sorrento the next day via Naples (to see the archaeology museum). I was going to spend two nights in Sorrento (8,9), heading back to Rome via Pompeii to meet up with the group on Nov. 10. The tour ends Nov. 16 and I was planning on heading to Assisi that day, staying the night, then going to Orivieta, where I'll stay the night Nov. 17 and visit Civita that day or on Nov. 18. I'll head back to Rome to stay the night on the 18th because I have an early morning flight on the 19th. I'm going roundtrip to Rome because that's what I can do with my airline miles; I'm going to keep checking to see if I can get a flight into Naples and out of Rome. In the meantime, what are your thoughts on my itinerary? Doable? OK to go to Orvieto in November? Should I stay in Orvieto or in a nearby agriturismo? Too short a stay in Sorrento? More time needed in Naples? Thank you in advance.

Posted by
15225 posts

That’s a lot of moving around.
I would leave a few days earlier and go to Sorrento on the same day you land and stay at least 3 nights.
If you go to Italy even earlier, you could go to Orvieto directly from Naples and stay maybe 3 nights in Orvieto, during which you could visit Civita by bus.
Lastly you would go to Rome and be there by the 10th of November and stay in Rome till you fly back.
Since you fly in and out of Rome, it makes sense to do your touring around before, then leave your Rome stay at the very end.
I think Assisi is a stretch unless you prolong your vacation and have the ability to stay a couple of nights there as well. .

Posted by
293 posts

Unless there’s something in particular you want to see in Sorrento, I would stay in Naples instead of Sorrento:

8th - sleep in Naples and go to the archeological museum

9th - sleep in Naples and go to Pompei

I think the Orvieto and Assisi part is fine, but if you can manage another day for Assisi it would be worth it.

Posted by
12 posts

Nothing I want to see in Sorrento. Just thought that may be a more restful place to start my trip but totally OK with skipping it. Thank you for your advice.