Please sign in to post.

Itinerary help (post cruise)

Good afternoon all,

I'm hoping to get some travel advice. My wife and I are returning from a cruise in a few weeks to the port of Ravenna. We dock super early on a Saturday morning. We fly out of Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport two days later on Monday afternoon. We don't have where we are staying booked and are open to ideas/feedback on where to stay. So we will essentially have just under 2 days we are looking to fill.
We had originally planned on staying on the Adriatic Sea side (right side) of Italy but then were also thinking about taking a train over to the Rome side of Italy. We will have already spent a few days in Rome and Venice before leaving on the cruise. The reason we are considering the left side (the Rome side) of Italy is because we will have our 2 checked bags and one personal item each. We didn't know about hauling our bags around before we could check into an airbnb.

The vibe we are looking for is a relaxing few days in Italy before flying back home. We wanted to stay in a city that had a beach we could relax on. I don't know anything about the beaches in Italy. We also wanted to stay in a city that is close to the train that can take us back to Rome and then onto the airport. We would like to stay on the lowish price point if possible. And by low-ish I mean we are just coming from a cruise and few days in Italy before that. So not looking at spending tons of money but still want to have fun.

We had originally thought a few places (Ancona, Pescara, Naples) but are open to feedback.
Thank you!

There are no replies to this topic.