Please sign in to post.

Itinerary HELP!

Hey, my wife and I have 11 days (10 nights) in August to spend in Italy after visiting London. We are really looking forward to Cinque Terre so that is definitely staying as a part of our trip. Below is our tentative plan, but I am worried its too much travel for 10 nights as this is our first time to Italy and want to still make it enjoyable. Does this sound managable or do we need to get rid of Venice? Staying 2 nights in 3 different places seems a bit much but maybe Im wrong. We want Florence for sure and already have tickets to fly out of Rome so we have to end there... Thanks in advance!

Fly into and stay 2 nights in Venice
4 nights in Florence (Wine tours etc)
2 nights in CT
2 nights in Rome

Posted by
11613 posts

Personally I think it's a lot, but I would take a night from Firenze and add it to Roma.

Posted by
787 posts

Yes, I think it's too busy. A rule of thumb is that every time you move, you lose about 1/2 day of time that could have been spent at a cafe drinking wine, in a museum, etc.

You will return; you can save something for next time.

Look into whether you can change your return flight to be from another city; Rome is kind of the outlyer, if Florence and the Cinque Terre are the "must-dos" on this trip.

Posted by
8154 posts

I also agree with Zoe. -1 Florence, +1 Roma.
Too bad you don't have another 3-4 days.

Posted by
11335 posts

10 nights, 3 locations maximum. I think your inclination to skip Venice is good. Add those nights to Rome and the Cinque Terre.