Please sign in to post.

Itinerary help!

I have one more day to decide what to do with for my trip in October. So far, 2 nights in Venice, 2 nights in Florence, 2 nights in CT, 2 nights in Siena, and 3 nights in Rome. Should I add the one more day to CT or Florence? I don't know what the weather will be like during the first 2 weeks of October and if that should make a difference in where I stay for the extra day. What do you all think? This is our first time to Italy. Thanks!

Posted by
160 posts

Julie,

To be honest I have never been to CT but I have been to Florence in October. The weather was delightful, just a light jacket needed. CT might be a little cooler. I would add an extra day in Rome, there is so much to see. Good luck and have a great time.

Posted by
10344 posts

That's a wonderful itinerary, you could add the "one more day" to any of those locations and not be "wrong."

Posted by
934 posts

Consider staying an extra day in Siena and using it to bus to Florence for the day then add a day in Rome.Siena at night is magic.

Posted by
45 posts

I would reccomend adding a day to Rome (unless you have been there before). Another option would be to do a day trip to Naples/Pompeii from Rome, we loved it there and did this as a day trip from Rome. Just went to the train station that morning bought ticktes to Naples and bought ones for the way back that night (Rick Steve's Rome 2007 will have easy to follow instructions on how to get on the Circumvesuviana to get to Pompeii from Naples). Enjoy your trip!