Please sign in to post.

Itinerary help - Rome, Tuscany (agriturismo), Cinque Terre

Here is my estimated itinerary (pasted from excel). I am having a difficult time determining where to sleep and for how many days. Rome 2 or 3 nights; Tuscany (Agriturismo) 2-5 nights, depending if it is a home base for trips to Cinque Terre or we sleep in Cinque Terre; sleep in Cinque Terre for two nights? Also, where to stay in Tuscany? We were thinking Montepulciano, but if we go to Cinque Terre, maybe it is more wise to be closer to that area? If we had one more day it seems it would feel less rushed, but we don’t. Thanks!

Sleep in
10-Apr Train. Rome Land at 9:30AM
11-Apr Train Rome

12-Apr Train Rome Or Head to Tuscany;
13-Apr Car Tuscany Train to Florence (only 72 minutes!) Tour of Florence; rental car to leave
14-Apr Car Tuscany Tuscany
15-Apr Car Tuscany/ cinque terre Tuscany/ Cinque; go to the village markets; afternoon hike; Night seafood dinner
16-Apr Car Cinque
17-Apr Car Milan

18-Apr Travel day Fly from Milan 9:45AM

Posted by
795 posts

I'm assuming your train/car is telling about your methods of transport on that day.....

Many people say get to a town/city in Tuscany and THEN rent a car, it is usually a bit less chaotic (and less autostrada driving) than doing it from Rome.

A 2 night stay means only one full day in a place, Rome deserves more than that for sure.

Posted by
5 posts

Thanks Katherine. We arrive in Rome at 9:30AM and stay 3 nights, so we will have 3 mostly full days (yet probably a bit jet lagged ;). Actually, I made a mistake in my post. We will take a train from Rome to Florence and rent a car there before heading to the Heart of Tuscany. The train is only about 1.5 hours.