Please sign in to post.

Itinerary Help

Please help! I am traveling on business, but want my family to have an enjoyable time in Europe. It does not matter what order I put Barcelona, Florence and Sorrento in, I just need to go to all of them. Also, I do not have to stay in Sorrento, it could be Positano or Ravello. I can be a bit flexible with the number of days in each city. My problem: I am not sure whether it would be easier to begin my trip in Barcelona or in Sorrento. I don't know the easiest route to get back to the USA. And....I would prefer not to back track to get to a convenient airport. I will be traveling from San Francisco, CA. Day 1 Fly from SFO to Barcelona, Spain Day 2 Barcelona Day 3 Barcelona Day 4 Barcelona Day 5 Barcelona Day 6 Florence (Early flight to Florence) Day 7 Florence Day 8 Florence Day 9 Florence Day 10 Sorrento (Early train to Sorrento) Day 11 Sorrento Day 12 Sorrento Day 13 Sorrento
Day 14 Fly from Florence to San Francisco, CA Thank you

Posted by
15202 posts

Yep. The trip should end in either Florence (or Barcelona if you reverse your itinerary). Fly from BCN to NAP (or viceversa if you reverse your itinerary). The segment SFO-FLR (or viceversa) can be done with one stop only with the following (in my order of preference): Lufthansa via MUC Swiss via ZRH Lufthansa/United via FRA
Air France via CDG

Posted by
4152 posts

My suggestion would be to fly from Barcelona to Naples and end your trip in Florence. I would not take the chance of traveling from Sorrento to Florence on the day of my flight. Too many things can go wrong that might cause you to miss your flight. Donna