Please sign in to post.

itinerary help

I will be traveling to Europe on September 3rd to the 17th. I will be flying into Milan and driving to the Piedmont Region to stay with friends, from there we will visit Lago Maggiore, September 5th to Verona, September 6 and 7th Venice and 8th and 9th to Florence…. Here is where I will need Some help. We are meeting up with and staying with a family in Bevagna Umbria on the 11-13th.. so we are left wondering where to visit in between those day from the 9-11th in Tuscany so that we can enjoy the Tuscany country side but see the popular sights, but a city that would allow us to take the train to Bevagna.

Posted by
8091 posts

You could remain in Florence and take a day trip to Siena by bus. It's about an one hour ride, and the bus takes you into the center city. There are other organized tours you could take, like a winery tour.
Another option would be to rent a car as you leave Florence and head south into the countryside. You could stay in one of the hundreds of agriturismos in the area. That would open it up for you to ramble from town to town--going to places like San Gimignano and Volterra. There are dozens of interesting places in the region to see.
You could return the rental car in Foligno or return it in Florence and take a train down to Foligno--the closest train station to Bevagna. You have many options you could take.