My husband and i are visiting Rome next September for 5 nights. Currently our itinerary is as follows:
- Sunday - Night 1, arriving morning train from Naples (we'll be traveling up to Rome from a 3 night stay in Amalfi) - Sight seeing in Rome (main highlights)
- Monday - Night 2
- Tuesday - Night 3 - Day trip to Siena
- Wednesday - Night 4 - Day trip to Florence
- Thursday - Night 5 - Vatican
I'm thinking of changing to this
- Sunday - Florence - night 1 - Florence sights - arriving morning via train from Naples (from a 3 night stay in Amalfi)
- Monday - Florence - night 2 - Tuscan day trip
- Tuesday - Florence -night 3 - Florence sights
- Wednesday - Rome - night 1 - (morning train to Rome) - Vatican
- Thursday - Rome - night 2 - Rome main sights
I'm pretty sure I'm going to want to spend more time in Tuscany and Florence than a day trip and my friends who know me say they think I'd like that time too. I don't have to see everything in Rome I'm only interested in the main sights and will enjoy seeing those sights. I really would like to take in the countryside and honestly could have cut out Rome but...I just can't cut out Rome. I know I would regret it.
Thoughts and suggestions are welcomed.
Thank you so much, I'm so excited about this trip.