Please sign in to post.

Itinerary

Planning a trip from May 20th-June6th (includes travel days) Would like advice on tentative itineray: Fly into Milan. Spend 2 nights (would like to see the Duomo, Last Supper and La Scalla) Train to Venice and spend 2 nights. Rent a car and drive to Tuscany ,not sure exactly where, but would like to rent a place for 5-6 days and do day trips (also want to see Cinque Terre) Then drive to Rome and spend 2-3 nights before flying home. Any thoughts? Have yet to secure any lodging or flights, hoping that fares will go down!

Posted by
306 posts

I think it sounds good. But I would only do one day in Milan. Everything you listed can be done in a day. Every time I say this someone usually responds and says Milan is great, but I don't think it is worth more then half a day. I wouldn't spend anymore time then what is necessary to see the sights you listed (which is about half day). I think day two in Milan would be better allocated to spending an extra night in a better place - i.e. CT, Venice, Tuscany, etc.. Maybe consider doing half a day in Milan and a 1.5 days in Lake Como before heading to Venice.

Posted by
1035 posts

Milan is great.

No seriously, it is.

Don't forget to make reservations for the Last Supper well in advance.

Posted by
133 posts

How far in advance for the Last Supper? What is the best way to do this? Thanks!

Posted by
646 posts

Hi, regarding your time in Tuscany. We stayed at a wonderful B&B right outside of SanGimingnano. It is called Il Vicario and it is rated #2 on Trip Advisor. Very reasonable and wonderful hosts. It was a great base for us as we traveled to Montalcino, Pienza, and Siena during our stay. Of course, we had a lovely time in SanGimingnano, too. Even though it is a bit touristy, we loved it.