Please sign in to post.

Itinerary advice

I am headed to Italy for 5 days and am looking for advice on my plans. First I am flying into Torino arriving at 7pm. I plan on staying there for the evening and than leaving in the morning to go to Biella to visit a friend. I will be there for a day and a half and then have to return the rental car to the torino airport by 6pm. After that I am not sure whether to spend my next three days exploring Torino or adventuring to Siena or Parma. Any advice?

Posted by
787 posts

It depends on what you're interested in. I love Tuscany, and Renaissance art and architecture, so I would keep the rental car and drive to Siena. If you kept the rental car, you could also explore some other hilltowns, such as San Gimignano.

We visited Torino last year, and while I'd heard wonderful things about it, the city just didn't click with me. Partly because I prefer Renaissance architecture, and don't really like Baroque, which is the style of much of Torino.

It also depends on where you have to be for the end of your trip - back in Torino? Another option would be to keep the rental car and spend several days in the rural Piemonte (Piedmont) countryside. It's a gorgeous area, and the food is great!