Please sign in to post.

Italy trip

Hi, have some travel questions if anyone can help. Flying into Rome, staying 2 nights there, then need to go to Borgo Alle vigne. Of course want the fastest way there...do we need rail passes or can we buy train tickets from town to town, or is that alot of trouble? Would like most convenient way regardless of cost. Would Pontedera be the train station to go to and then taxi to Borgo Alle Vigne or the train station in Pisa? Or should we rent a car in Pontedera and drive to Borgo, or rent a car in Pisa and drive to Borgo? OR is there a better way? LOL...never been to Italy! Also plan on leaving on day trips from Borgo to Florence, Venice, Cinque, and possily Milan....take which train, from where? Help! Thank you!

Posted by
3167 posts

I f you are staying at the Hilton Vacation Resort, call them. They should be able to furnish you with easiest directions. Here are the various routes from the Rome 2 Rio website. Fastest way is to rent a car at the airport but it will be almost a 4 hour drive.

Posted by
1323 posts

day trips from Borgo to Florence, Venice, Cinque, and possily Milan

Venice is 4 hours each way. That would be too long for a day trip for me. I would go to Venice and stay a couple of nights instead. Milan the same.

Florence is closer and could be done as a day trip.