Please sign in to post.

Italy train tickets during Christmas period 2024

Hi I'll be in Italy for about 2 weeks end of this year, during the Christmas period. Been monitoring the high speed train tickets for awhile and would appreciate if someone can clarify a couple things:

1. Looking at the trains from Rome to Venice on around 23/12, so far both Trenitalia and Italo only offering base fares, is it possible that promotional fares will be available later, or if there's none now means no?

2. Noticed that there's no trains available on both Trenitalia and Italo for 28/12 and 29/12, tried few different routes (example: Rome to Florence, Venice to Rome), all returned blank, is it really possible that its all sold out or just scheduling issue?

3. Read that the train schedule will have an update by early December, kinda confused by this as I can see the trains available in December now... Does this mean there will be more train services or the timings will be different than what I can see now? Should I just hold on and wait till then?

Thanks!

Posted by
2330 posts

You are about 3 months to early to think about trains in December. Stop monitoring, and just put a note in your calender for mid October to book your tickets, and do not think about it till then. Its a train, not a Taylor Swift concert.

Posted by
53 posts

Since this post is about trains, can anyone please tell me how to get from Rome to Assisi, the one to Venice in the same day?

Posted by
11600 posts

Schelljudjur, you’ll get responses to your own inbox if you post separately, but in short, consult www.trenitalia.com and enter your destination and where you are starting. Use Italian spellings, I.e., Roma and Venezia. This will be two separate tickets.