Please sign in to post.

Italy over easter

My new wife and I had to postpone our honeymoon to April and decided to go to Italy and bought the tickets and started researching places to stay and DOH! apparently Easter is not the best time for Italy. Anyone got any strategies for enjoying Italy over Easter? We were shooting for low-key, but we'll take any ideas.

Posted by
565 posts

Where are you going? I've been in Italy over Easter in Venice and Verona with not a single issue, but that was because Rome was more of an issue and we changed locations. It depends where you are planning on going as to what hurdles you have to jump. I've been in Rome over a few religious holidays and it seems as though all of Italy visits Rome these dates. I was the only one walking around with a tourist guide not written in Italian. The advantage to that is the rest of Italy is all yours (and of course the rest of the world tourists). Even in Rome, your only issue may be visiting the Vatican. I wouldn't change my plans though unless you are looking for some bull runs and beer tents.....then go to Spain!