Please sign in to post.

Italy in November

I am planning a trip to Italy in mid-November, and wondering about the weather. Is it true that I would be wise to consider towns south of Florence at that time of year? What about Cinque Terre? Will it be too cold there?

I have been to Italy a number of times, so I'm thinking about visiting some smaller towns via train. Any suggestions?

Posted by
212 posts

Too cold for what? No matter where you go it will be cold. Just a matter of what you want to do, really. You can still enjoy the scenic beauty of places like the cinque terre, but many businesses will be closed and you won't be putting on your bikinis :)

Cities on the other hand, business as usual!

Posted by
316 posts

I've only been to Italy in November. It's a beautiful time of year - fewer crowds and lower prices for hotels. Northern Italy may be cooler and more likely to drizzle. I've been to Venice twice in Nov. and was fine. Very nice weather in Milan last November. A couple of years ago I considered going in October. The price of rooms dropped by half in Venice from Oct. 31 to Nov. 1. I take a coat with a zip out lining and a sweater. Usually I wear the coat without the lining but some days are too warm for that.

Posted by
536 posts

Hi Betsy - Le Cinque Terre is FABULOUS any time of year - that said , November usually sees 60 degrees during the day - Nice- BUT - there is often rain in November, which makes walking the Via dell-amore a bit unpleasant. It's a gamble but I think worth it - Fantastic area. The villages are incredible - not a lot of tourists at that time of year.
Another choice would be Tuscany and it's Hilltowns. But you know what - you're a Sox fan - I'd say - Go for it!!! You won't be disappointed.

Ciao, Greg

Posted by
10344 posts

Weather in CT in November: Some general statements have been made. When it comes to the most probable weather, it's nice to also have a few facts and evidence upon which to base realistic expectations for trip planning; and those facts are easily available

click here for weather facts, enter the time span of your trip and for location use LaSpezia, it's the closest weather station to the CT

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks for all of this information. It's very helpful. It's nice to know that others have taken this trip in November, and have been delighted.

I guess that whenever or wherever one goes in Italy, the delights never cease!

Betsy