Please sign in to post.

Italy in June or July

Just want to know which month is better to travel to Italy.
We are going summer of 2019.

Thanks

Posted by
16385 posts

I would go as early in June as possible for lower crowd volume and less heat.

Posted by
444 posts

What is your criteria? I can comment on the climate: It's going to be hotter in July so if you want to see any of Southern Italy, I recommend June. As early as possible. We were there end of May/early June last year and it was HOT (sunny, high 80s in Florence), but it got even hotter later that summer (90s and above).

Posted by
6788 posts

Personally, I'd avoid going anytime in July or August. May is better than June, but if you must go in June, I'd go as early in June as possible.

Posted by
224 posts

I think it depends on your needs. We went last summer in July and couldn't go in June due to kids schedules. It was, as other posters have mentioned, quite hot. This was not a problem for us as we knew ahead of time, picked lodging that had air conditioning and carried lots of water and powerade! :-) June will be cooler. And if temperature is a deciding factor I would chose June.

Posted by
23319 posts

June may be cooler but it may be only marginally cooler. One year we also froze the first week of June. The next year, same exact week, was unbelievably hot and HUMID. If I had to choice I would go in early June with crossed fingers and legs. It is a dice roll.

Posted by
7903 posts

Hands down June; more people have the same thing in common in that they can only travel in July and August before the kids go back to school