Please sign in to post.

ITALY IN DECEMBER !!!

I think that i have narrowed my trip to italy for december. I am gonig to be there with four people in total during the christmas time frame. We are planning to do about ten days. Of course we are going to do Rome but we would like to just add like a side trip to a city in the north if not just stay in rome. I also wanted to know hows the weather in december i've checked Weather Underground for an idea but i will like someones expirience. Anything else that van be given will be really appreciated.

Posted by
565 posts

Cold & Wet! I was there last year right before Christmas. It rained for 10 days straight but I checked when we returned and it was sunny and mild. It was still worth it though. We took advantage of the rain breaks and sat in cafes when we got too cold or it was pouring. The city is full of tourists from Italy this time of year so if you are planning on going to the Vatican museum, make reservations way in advance. There's a good Christmas market at Piazza Navona and mulled wine and chestnut vendors everywhere. I think I prefer London at Christmas but if I have a chance, I would do Rome again in December.