Please sign in to post.

Italy

Where can I obtain travel directions by car from Flumicino to Vatican City? What isthe estimated gtravel time

Posted by
32241 posts

Gus, as Ron noted, while the drive should be relatively easy, the parking situation will likely be another story. You could end up returning to your car to find "The Boot" attached to the wheel (I've seen that in Rome). Getting that resolved will likely be costly and may be difficult if you don't speak Italian. You might consider using public transport, as it will be much easier. Happy travels!

Posted by
791 posts

I made that drive back in May...never again. Scary. And I've been driving here for over 10 years.

Posted by
2876 posts

You can find that info at viamichelin.com. According to them the trip takes 33 minutes.

Posted by
2207 posts

Very simple ride... Depart the airport headed to town, jump on the GRA (ring road) headed towards Florence, then take the Aurelia exit, which is EXIT #1. Just stay on Via Aurelia (you'll see the signs to Citta' di Vaticano) and follow it all the way towards the Vatican. The road does change names as you get closer but it's quite easy to get to. Not sure where you will park when you get there - Try the parking garage on Via Tunisi. This link may help you IN the Vatican Museums ***** http://tinyurl.com/vatican-tips *****