Please sign in to post.

Italy

Does anyone know how to contact Hotel dulac in Bellagio in Lake Como? Is Northern Italy closed during late October?
How do you get tickets for the trains?

Posted by
7737 posts

Cheryl, I see that you're asking some fairly basic questions about traveling to Italy. May I suggest that you pick up a copy of the Rick Steves Italy 2011 book and review that? I think you'll find that it's well worth the time and money. And it's going to answer all sorts of questions you might not even think to ask. Happy travels.

Posted by
23281 posts

Probably do well for you to get a copy of Steves' guidebook for Italy. Your local library will have a copy if you don't want to purchases one. All of your questions would be answered in greater detail than the limited space here. Northern Italy is open 24/7/12 just like everywhere else. You gets ticket for the trains just you get tickets for the airplanes. Most use the web site, a travel agency once in Italy, a ticket window station or an automated ticket machine at the station. If you want the schedules of all trains in Europe use bahn.de

Posted by
515 posts

Is Northern Italy closed during late October? Yes. From Turino to Oasta to Udine to Ravenna, nobody is permitted to leave home and all must shelter in place until the all-clear signal.

Posted by
32212 posts

cheryl, I agree with the previous replies that it would a VERY good idea for you to have a look at the Italy Guidebook. Note that it's now available in E-book format, if you have a Kindle or iPad. You can also download the FREE Kindle Reader to a PC and use that for viewing the Guidebook. I can assure you that Northern Italy is not closed during late October. Regarding train tickets, you may find it very helpful to browse This Excellent Website. Be sure to look for the reference to "Mini" fares as those can provide some significant savings. I usually buy tickets at the automated ticket Kiosks, as there's usually a queue at the ticket windows. A credit card will be required to use the automated Kiosks and I found last year that a "chip & PIN" card wasn't required (although I do have those). My magnetic strip card worked fine. Have you researched how you're going to get to Bellagio? I assume you're flying into Milan? Happy travels!

Posted by
23281 posts

Just ignore, Otariidae, he has an over inflated view of his writing ability and is irrelevant to most discussions.