Please sign in to post.

Italy

Looking for a about a 2 month itinerary in Italy to include Sicily and Amalfi and large cities plus cooking class some wine tasting and beaches

Posted by
657 posts

Hi Callen,
One small detail here: check out Minori as a potential base for the AC. It has a less-harried, more genuine feel than Amalfi town proper. Beach: check. Cooking class up in nearby Ravello: check again. Many other advantages.
I am done. The end.

Posted by
11502 posts

Sicily-Drive around Sicily after spending 4-7 days in Palermo. Palermo, Trapani (day trips to Segesta and Erice), Agrigento, head inland to Piazza Armerina, down to Baroque towns Noto, Modica, Ragusa, Ortigia( we spent a week, didn’t want to leave), Taormina, fly out of Catania.
Amalfi- not my favorite place, sorry so no help here. Too crowded, over touristed for me.
Large cities? Rome, Milan, Naples, Bologna, Bari
*****Must sees: Venice
Beaches? They are better in the USA. There’s a small one in Monterosso in the Cinque Terre.
Some nice ones are found in Puglia and Sicily.
Wineries are all over Italy. Wine tastings offered in many. Start in Piemonte or Tuscany.
Cooking classes: which region? Foods vary greatly in different regions of Italy. Google.