Please sign in to post.

Italy 2024

This is our first trip to Italy and we started late on planning. We are not big on churches, we do like art, food, wine and water.

My itinerary ( we are staying a Airbnb's and hotels to curb the cost )
Fly into Florence - no overnight stay
Travel to La Spezia - 3nts (visit Cinque Terre on 2nd day) stay AirB
Travel to Tuscany -2nts (hotel)
Travel to Rome -2 nts Airbnb
Travel to Serento - 3 nts hotels
Depart from Naples

We are challenged on planning logistics. Car/ trains

Posted by
4732 posts

Trenitalia is the main train company (Italotren also). I would play around on their website to get a sense of routes and schedules.
I would consider adding the two nights slotted for Tuscany to Rome and or Naples/Sorrento.

Posted by
5320 posts

Again, I agree with Valadelphia. Given transportation times from place to place, you are seriously shortchanging both Tuscany and Rome. And where in Tuscany? It's a very big region. Scrap one or the other.

If you scrap Tuscany, all of your travel can be done by train. Depending on where you are staying in Tuscany, you may want to rent a car for part of that stay. For Sorrento, take the train to Naples, then either the Circumvesuviana commuter train, the ferry, or a private car hire to Sorrento. If you have an early flight out of Naples, you may need to stay there the night before.

Posted by
5395 posts

When is this trip? How many people? When?
With the increase in travel to Italy post- covid, are you sure you can find lodging within your budget? That may influence your itinerary.
You have too many destinations. What is most important to you?
If this is summer, have you taken in account the effect of the heat and humidity on your energy?
Perhaps if you add a few details we can be of more help.

Posted by
6976 posts

You have too many locations for a short 10 night trip
A 2 night stay only gives you 1 full day-that is woefully short for Rome

Drop Sorrento and split those nights between “Tuscany” and Rome
Fly home from Rome

Why no Florence? That’s where the art is.

CT 3
Tuscany 3 ( I’d make this Florence)
Rome 4

Finding accommodations in CT will be problematic at this late date

When is this trip?