Please sign in to post.

italty travel october 2016

I am planning my second self guided trip to Italy and want readers thoughts. We will fly from Newark to Milan and then take a train to Monterosso for three nights. We will the train to Florence for five nights and take day tours or trip from there. ( we have been to Sienna and Lucca and don't want Pisa) We are considering a day trip to Parma. We will then train from Florence to Venice for two nights returning to Milan for the following days return flight home.
Any recommendations about the plan or good b&bs in Monterosso or Florence is welcome.

Posted by
15582 posts

If you haven't been to Venice before, I suggest at least 3 nights to have at least two full days there. I also recommend stopping for the day in Verona on the way to Milan (leave your luggage in storage at the train station).

Posted by
77 posts

I stayed at http://www.ilbargellino.com/ last year and highly recommend it.... and so does RS. The owners are wonderful and friendly and the hotel has a terrace to sip on wine before adventuring out into Florence. Also a great location and close to the train station.