Please sign in to post.

Ischia

We are going on back-to-back Best of Italy and Best of South Italy tours which which will end in Naples. We're considering a few extra post trip days on the island of Ischia, but know little about it other than what we see on You Tube. We're looking for a place to relax, eat good food and drink good wine in a beautiful setting after more than a month of being on the road, Does Ischia fit the bill?

Posted by
1025 posts

Ischia is heaven. Not all that popular with Americans, it is a fun destination for Germans and UK residents. It is a dining destination with rabbit, pasta, and seafood galore, great sandy beaches, and a couple of hot springs/spas to make your body feel pampered.

We were there in 2019 and will return in 2022.

You can gather up some realtime information on ischiareview.com and as you say, the YouTube videos give a decent overview. The bus system is very efficient (don't forget to validate your ticket as you board) and the climb to the top of Mt. Epomeo is not to be missed. Is is an oasis and a quiet refuge from the hubbub of Naples.

Posted by
7049 posts

I didn't make it there, unfortunately, on my last trip but it's well known for thermal spas/ springs and being a relaxing place - so I think it will fit the bill very well.

Posted by
1025 posts

Lonely Planet has a guidebook for Naples, Sorrento, and the Amalfi Coast which has a great review of all things Ischian. It's worth the $20 or whatever it costs.

Seriously, one of the high points of my visit was dragging my sorry self up the side of Mt. Epomeo to the summit where the views are incredible. 200 feet from the summit there is a cafe/restaurant where the beers are cold, the bruschette are overflowing with tomatoes, and the toilet is free. What more could you ask for on a mountain top?

Posted by
4385 posts

search the videos of Nicki Positano, she's been there and Capri several times.

And rabbit was mentioned, so I believe Tucci has been there as well.

Posted by
15795 posts

Hi Tamara and welcome to the RS forums!
A friendly suggestion? It's a bad idea to publish your personal email address on a public website so I'd edit your post ASAP. You do NOT want to hear from all sorts of individuals who have things other than a holiday on Capri to bother you about! Many posters here will also be reluctant to contact you outside of this site as it would reveal their own email addresses.

Much safer for all is using the private messaging function RS provides us: people can communicate outside of the public forum but without revealing any personal information. Moderators can also step in if spammers or advertisers try to use that function for personal gain. Make sense? :O)

Editng to add: either Tamara or a moderator has deleted the email address.