Please sign in to post.

Ischia

I will be in staying a few nights in Positano and Sorrento
Does it make a difference for visiting Ischia from either town? Is one easier than the other?

Posted by
1829 posts

In season there is a daily crossing from Sorrento (not Positano) to Ischia. The timetables are not out yet but last year it left Sorrento at 9.30 am and left Ischia for the return journey at 17.20. Keep an eye on this site to catch when they post the route. http://www.gescab.it/linee/default.asp

Posted by
1318 posts

Mina, so glad to hear you will be exploring the wonderful place that is Ischia. I had a grand time at one of the thermal spa resorts and want to explore the island more on a future trip. Have fun. Linda

Posted by
58 posts

Does this apply to seeing Capri as well Is it much easier and quicker to visit Capri and Ischia
from Sorrento than Positano

Posted by
58 posts

How long does it take from Sorrento to Ischia
and I would love to hear where you enjoyed the thermal spa. Is it very expensive the travel to and from and the spa of course ( family of 4) doing this trip

Posted by
1829 posts

The crossing from Sorrento takes an hour and the return fare last year cost 36 euro pp. Have not been to a spa on Ischia for over 20 years so can't help you there I'm afraid.