Please sign in to post.

ischia

We are taking a ferry from Naples to Ischia. Staying 3 days - plan to ferry to Procida one day. Thinking about renting a car for one day to tour the island. Also, just wondering what recommendations you have for visiting Thermal Spa or Thermal Springs. Not too keen on going to one of the big Thermal Parks.

Whare do you recommend for renting a car and what areas do you most recommend for one day of touring. Thank you in advance. Heading out on Tuesday.

Posted by
630 posts

Hi J,
Back in March, we based in Ischia Ponte and would reccomend that area especially. It gives access to both the Castle plus Pescatori beach, but also a VG variety of good value restaurants there e.g. Aglio, Olio Pomodoro (we ate there 3 times). The local bookstore Imagaenaria was quite good. That castle is a must and has its own pair of cafes with peerless views.

Mortella gardens was interesting, even in off-season. Maronti beach also beckons, near Sant Angelo.
'Un Attimo di Vino' was the restaurant we enjoyed in the Porto area.
Vittoria Gran Caffe was fun too.
*If you like wine, the local white 'Vigna del Lume' by Antonio Mazzella was excellent, an award winner.
The local buses are sufficient IMHO.
I am done. The end

Posted by
105 posts

Hope you have a great time in ischia. I am planning to be there early October and it looks so nice!!
Where else will you be going other than ischia during your trip?
Where are you staying in ischia?
I plan to go over to procida one day while there or perhaps to ponza.

Posted by
187 posts

Traveling girl,

We are in ischia for a few days. Still hot We hope to go to procida if the weather allows. It is supposed to storm tomorrow. From here we ferry back to Naples and pick up a car. Head to matera for several days and then to Puglia for 5 days we will have a car and plan to do a lot of day trips.