Please sign in to post.

Is "via Nazionale 243 00184 Roma" a good base in Rome

I want to rent an apartment ideally near the Pantheon/ Piazza Navona area, but most are out of my price range. I have 5 people. I found a very nice apartment on homeaway.com (#189772) with an address of "via Nazionale 243 00184" and listing indicates it is between these 4 corners: Trevi Fountain, Terme di Diocleziano, Piazza Venezia, Piazza della Republica. The apartment is nice, a little more than I wanted to spend; but if the location is very good, I will take it. Can someone who knows Rome very well comment on this location. Thank you!

Posted by
55 posts

Hi Kerry, Yes, it's a good area. Via Nazionale is a fairly wide street with lots of shops (and chains), so it's going to feel more modern and city-like than, perhaps, the little winding streets that Rome is known for. But it's fairly convenient [INVALID] you'll be close to the Repubblica metro station and lots of buses go up and down Nazionale as well. Just make sure that you ask for recent photos of the apartment as well as its square footage, which can tell you a lot. www.revealedrome.com

Posted by
934 posts

I always stay within a block of Nationale.Its a busy street with buses and lots of people walking.We walk all over Rome from this area.