Please sign in to post.

Il Palio

Bill and I want to go to the Il Palio on July 2 in Siena. How do we get tickets? Have you any suggestions about this event. Thanks! Barb

Posted by
676 posts

It's probably too late, and you're not Italian, to get seats. so you really don't need tickets. just show up a couple hours ahead of time, stake out your area on the high part of the piazza and enjoy!

Posted by
3 posts

thanks for info, Elaine! have a great day. Barb

Posted by
32325 posts

Barb, If you're planning to get photos, do it quickly as the race only lasts a minute or so! Happy travels!

Posted by
153 posts

Show up prepared for being out under the elements for the day. I have heard some stories of folks getting cases of heat stroke out in the center of it all. I have also seen some hotel/seating packages around as well, they upwards of 800 euro, however.

Posted by
354 posts

If you're in Siena for a couple of days, go for the trial races as well (they're held in the few days leading up to the real thing) - since the actual race lasts only a minute and a half! The race is preceded by a long parade so you'll be standing in the Campo for a few hours ... don't carry anything valuable with you because of pickpockets, but do carry a bottle of water!