Please sign in to post.

How to get to Positano in May2010?

I am wondering if boats are running in May. We would like to take a boat from Naples after arriving by plane. I would also like to book two nights at Residence La Tavolozza other than calling direct any ideas on how to book?
Thanks
Judy

Posted by
204 posts

I am sure boats are running in May. Check RS book to see if they run to Positano. If not I am sure they go to Sorrento and then there would be another ferry going to Positano, or bus . La Tavalozza is an ideal location for Positano. ask for a room with a balcony- view is something else.
Enjoy

Posted by
35 posts

Shelley, Thanks for the info. Have you stayed there before and how expensive is it? We were thinking two nights after staying in Sorrento for one week. Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Judy

Posted by
126 posts

Judy - I stayed at La Tavolozza last summer at 90 Euro per night. Request Room 4 or 5 as the view is absolutely stunning! Rent a scooter drive the coast to medieval town of Ravello... have dinner in the clouds over looking the sea... stop off along the coastal road for a lemon ice... the view is breath taking... the perfect day in my opinion! have fun as the Amalfi Coast is one of a kind.

Posted by
33 posts

We stayed in Sorrento May 12-15 this year and took the ferry from Positano to Sorrento. It seemed like there were 3 ferries/day to Sorrento. We took the ferry about 3:45 and were a little disappointed we counted spend a few more hours in Positano, but it was so incredible. Buses ran very often. Hope this helps. Dorothy

Posted by
33 posts

I didn't read your question correctly. I think it's time for bed. Yes, we also took the ferry from Naples to Capri on May 12. We could have waited 2 hours for the ferry to Sorrento but we opted to go to Capri. Yes, lots of ferries wherever you want to go.