Please sign in to post.

Hotels under $100 euros a night in the heart of Rome

My husband and I will be staying 4-nights in Rome next April and we are looking for clean, affordable accomodations in the heart of Rome next to public transportation, any recommendations?

Posted by
32222 posts

Paige, is there any possibility you might consider a private room in a Hostel? You might have a look at This site to see whether it might interest you? They have double rooms with private ensuite Bathroom, and at the present time the prices are in the range you mentioned (however I note from the website that these might increase next year, as they're adding TV and Mini Fridge to the double and triple roooms). It's an easy seven minute (or so) walk from Termini station, and is located in a nice neighborhood with restaurants, etc. However, it is a Hostel, so that has to be considered also. I've been travelling "solo" lately, so a €35 room in a 4-bed Dorm in the middle of Rome suits me just fine!

As you're not travelling until next April, you shouldn't have any trouble finding rooms. However, be sure to book early as I've found that Rome can be "challenging" at times to find accomodation in an acceptable price range.

Happy travels!

Posted by
8293 posts

If you'd like to try a convent, some of them being very well located, look at santasusanna.org for guidance. You need to book well ahead, as we learned a couple of years ago.

Posted by
466 posts

contact www.cross-pollinate.com This is a bed and breakfast booking service owned and operated by am american family living in Rome. I have used them many times and have always loved the places I have stayed. Good luck and have fun.

Posted by
100 posts

Hi Paige, we stayed at a B&B within about a twenty minute walk of the Vatican that was near the Metro station for about 90 Euros. It was clean and the lady who ran it was very nice and helpful. Le Finestre Sul Vaticano. Website-www.romabandb.it. My only negative feeling about it is I don't think I'd walk around the neighborhood too much at night but we felt perfectly safe during the day. There are a couple good restaurants nearby that will give you a discount if you stay there. Good luck!

Posted by
632 posts

I haven't found anything to compare with the Hotel Panda for location (right in the heart of Rome, near the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain, etc) for about 100 euros (depending on time of year and type of room). Check out their rating on trip advisor...they are in the top 20% of hotels (all prices)

http://www.hotelpanda.it/englishpnd/basestart.asp

http://rome-hotels.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187791-d298628-Reviews-Hotel_Panda-Rome_Lazio.html

Posted by
261 posts

Look on VRBO.com for small aprtments. We rented a 2 bedroom with AC and washer for 130E a night, next door to the Forum. You could probably get a small sudio for much less. The aprtment rental in Rome is soft, so try negotiating on price.

Posted by
3551 posts

We enjoyed Hotel Accademia in RS guidebk. well located and very safe area.