Please sign in to post.

Hotels or B&B's under $125 in Rome, Florence, Venice,

Just seeking reccomendations for nice hotels or B&B's that anyone has stayed in for the above locations. Looking for good locations and clean place - safe areas - and of course a great price. thx Clint

Posted by
3313 posts

You can organize a comprehensive search using this price criterion on Tripadvisor.com. The selected hotels will have many reviews from recent guests.

Posted by
1127 posts

When are you traveling? Rates vary depend on the time of year so it would helpful to know.

Posted by
9 posts

2 adults will be traveling April 23-26 in these areas.

Posted by
81 posts

Hi,

I can highlight 2 European hotel sites where I book most often - venere.com and booking.com. Both publish user reviews from guests who have really been there and will give you a good idea of the cleanliness/safety.

The rates are in most cases the lowest you can get. Certainly lower than Expedia/Orbitz.

Posted by
320 posts

For Venice I recommend http://www.bbalessandra.com/.
B&B with great helpful hosts and fabulous breakfast. We enjoyed our stay and found it safe, clean and an easy walk to sights.

Posted by
76 posts

We stayed at La Contessina in Florence last November for 7 nights while visiting our daughter who was studying abroad in Florence. It is a wonderful hotel, apartment style with kitchen, loft area for bedroom, very spacious. We did not use the kitchen as they offer a very nice complimentery breakfast. I think the use of the kitchen might be a little extra. The owners and staff are very pleasant and helpful. Our favorite restaurant in Florence was 4 doors down, Nerone's. Even if you don't stay at La Contessina, try to go there for dinner at least once. Very good food at a very affordable price. House White Wine is fabulous. Have a great time -- susan, raleigh, nc

Posted by
586 posts

Locanda al Leon in Venice, just off St. Mark's...wonderful little place, a quiet refuge, decent Italian breakfast included. Been there twice, and we'd go back in a heartbeat.

Posted by
411 posts

We always stay at Hotel Dali near the Duomo (and will be there yet again in mid May). Large clean airy rooms and the delightful proprietors Marco and Samanta make this our first choice for Florence. Double with private bath is 80 euros per night, with shared bath 65 euros per night. Great location with an Internet Train, coin laundry, and tons of great cafes nearby.

Posted by
340 posts

Consider a convent or monastery in Rome for comfortable, safe, inexpensive lodging. We stayed in Suore St. Elisabetta located in the termini/ St. Maria Magiore area. It was well located, rooms were large, and nice basic breakfast is provided. Some have curfews around 11pm, but if you're an early riser that's not usually a problem. Look on santasusanna.org for other options.

Posted by
120 posts

Check out Il Bargellino in Florence. Double with private bath is 85 Euros/night (right around $115).

I haven't stayed there yet, but I'm staying there in early May for 3 nights. Carmel, originally from Boston, has been very helpful. They have rave reviews on Trip Advisor too.

HOTEL IL BARGELLINO
VIA GUELFA 87
50129 FLORENCE, ITALY
TEL. 39 055 238 2658
www.ilbargellino.com
carmel@ilbargellino.com

Posted by
28 posts

We've stayed at Residenza del Proconsolo in Florence. It's just around the corner from the Duoma, so a great location. They have only 8 rooms and serve breakfast in your room. The Bernini room has a narrow balcony with a great view of the dome. The double deluxe room is 130 Euro per night, so may be a bit higher than you are looking for. They also have a triple for 150 Euro per night (Michelangelo). The staff is wonderful and very accommodating.

Posted by
409 posts

Just outside Rome (25-30 easy min. by train), I highly recommend Anne's Place B&B (http://www.byanne.com). If your heart is set on staying in the center of Rome, then this isn't the place for you. Anne's Place is in the charming town of Palestrina, where you can save considerably on nice accommodations and meals. Just read the reviews on Tripadvisor.com to get an idea why I'm recommending this place, especially given your budget.

Posted by
13 posts

My wife and I just came back from Italy and stayed in Florence and Venice.

In Florence Hotel Globus saved us much money. The rooms are small but most rooms in Italy are small. I would not get the most economic one, because it must be super tiny. We got the mid level room, and has a good size bathroom. I think it was about 60 euros a night. Near the train station and 10-15 min walk to Ponte Vecchio, seven minutes to the Ufizzi museum. We are budget but clean travelers and it fit the bill.
In Venice we stayed at Hotel Mercurio. Clean, small, efficient, and near San Marco Piazza. Great location. The attendant was a very cheery Italian lady and was helpful.

Both have free breakfast.

Posted by
842 posts

Doug hit the nail on the head. Use Tripadvisor to sort by price, and user reviews.

We don't stay in any reccomended Hotel until we check out the TA reviews, and we have found severla places just by sorting thru the most popular choices.

Posted by
2026 posts

In Rome we stayed at the B & B Giovy near Termini, and in Florence at the Hotel Venere near Palazzo Medici Riccardi. Both were very suitable and near your price-point. Not big in the luxury department but perfectly clean and nice breakfast, particularly the Venere, which also threw in a complimentary glass of wine each evening. And (ta da) elevators!

Posted by
304 posts

Try www.cross-pollinate.com
It lists B&B's (no hotels) for Rome, Venice, Florence, Paris, & Barcelona.

We've used it on a couple of occasions. We saved quite a bit in Venice & Rome. It's worth a look.

Posted by
62 posts

I stayed at a convent, Il Rosario, Via S. Agata dei Goti, 10, for an entire week and I found it to be a perfect place to be. My room and private bathroom, while small, was immaculately clean. The location was great, just a short distance from the Coliseum and Piazza Venezia. Easy access to bus lines, the subway and train station. I was even plesantly surprised to find a computer with internet access for checking email -- guests are expected to make a free will offering for its use. The nuns spoke very little English, but they were friendly, very helpful and respected the privacy of guests. This was a great alternative to expensive tourists hotels. You can check more reviews on Trip Advisor.