Please sign in to post.

hotels near Genoa airport

We will be traveling in Italy this fall. While we will arrive at the Milan airport we will be returning home from Genoa. We are having trouble finding an available room near the airport. This is further complicated by an early flight time. Any suggestions for a hotel with a good connection to the Genoa airport will be greatly appreciated.

Posted by
1883 posts

Have you tried www.venere.com? You can locate hotels by area, so finding one near to the airport would be easy. Have used this site a bunch of times, and never been unhappy with the hotels. We used the site for a hotel in Genoa last May after a bike tour in the Piedmonte region....the hotel was fine. We had an early flight out, and just arranged with the front desk for a taxi. The Genoa airport is pretty small, easy to navigate I know you asked for a specific hotel name, but thought this would help, if you've never used the site before.

Posted by
6 posts

Thanks very much for the suggestion! I will try that website asap.

Posted by
383 posts

The Genoa airport is so small it's ridiculous. There aren't even enough seats for the waiting passengers. We flew from Genoa to Paris and they would not let us check in until 4:00pm for a 5:55pm flight. I wouldn't worry too much about being in a hotel right next to the airport. Just arrange for a taxi the night before from your hotel. They should know how long it will take to get there.

Posted by
1633 posts

Stayed at the Novotel last year. Nice hotel with really high prices. We were there during their boat show. Maybe you'll be lucky and be there during a lull.

Posted by
515 posts

I stayed at the Hilton (check in midnight, check out 4 am) at the airport, it is more or less on the runway.