Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Venice

Hi I am traveling to Venice in November can you reccomend a hotel that is centrally located to every thing. Thank You,
Phil

Posted by
20103 posts

My preference is the Bisanzio. Just off the Riva Schiavoni. 3 bridge walk to San Marco, excellent staff, reasonable prices (for Venice).

Posted by
11323 posts

Rick Steves guide is full of suggestions for lodging. And Venice is so small that "central" is kind of elusive. The first time we went there I thought we "had" to stay near San Marco. Now I know I can stay in any sestiere and get around easily, get almost anywhere in 20-30 minutes of walking. htt://www.vrbo.com is also a great source for apartments if you are so inclined.

Posted by
12172 posts

Hotel d'Art is a well located budget hotel. We never saw the hotel, just the lobby, because we ended up renting a nearby apartment from them. We were happy. I'd give them another shot next time through.

Posted by
7737 posts

Pensione Guerrato is Rick's favorite hotel/B&B in Venice. We've stayed there twice and can't recommend it highly enough. As noted, Venice is so compact that "central" really doesn't mean all that much. Guerrato is just to the west of the Rialto Bridge - a very good location. And the staff and owners are extremely helpful.