Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Venice

I am looking for a hotel in Venice around $100 to $150.00 Canadian/USA. I would perfer to be by st. Marks but am not really picky. Any ideas???

Posted by
2207 posts

Sarah, you will probably be hard-pressed to find a hotel near St. marks this time of year for that money. I would look at B&B's, or if you there for a longer stay, perhaps an apartment. You can also look at hostels in the area - probably the cheapest alternative.

Or do as we did and use "points." If you have a AMEX card you can roll their points into different programs. We stayed at the Hotel Danielli, on the Grand Canal, for FREE... It's a member of the Luxury Collection Group (a Sheraton affliate). The Jr. Suite we had started at 670 Euros a night. NO WAY we could have stayed in this 5 Star hotel w/o points.

In my previous life I traveled 270 days a year so I earned a ton of points ... perhaps that's an alternative for you. Also try www.tripadvisor.com for listings of hotels and hostels in the Venice Area. They do show price, rankings, & comments... Good Luck!

Posted by
705 posts

I stayed at the Pensione Accademia - Villa Maravege in Dorsoduro. Not sure if it fits into your budget as I don't know what your exchange rate is, but it is a great hotel. As others have said Venice has possibly the most expensive hotels in Italy.

Posted by
7737 posts

You don't say when you would be there and that makes all the difference in pricing. We like Pensione Guerrato, near the Rialto Bridge. They have a website.

Posted by
6898 posts

You might look into the Hotel Messner. It's near St. Mark's but on the other side of the Grand Canal near Salute church. Mixed reviews on www.tripadvisor.com but very reasonable for Venice. We stayed there for one night for 115Euro. Rooms can be small. Staff was very nice. The breakfast in the morning was quite good.

They actually have two buildings. The main building is a 2-star and their annex is a 1-star. Rooms are smaller and less equipped. We stayed in the annex. The shower was actually smaller than a phone booth but was clean and worked fine. Still, it's quite a value.

Posted by
632 posts

Try Hotel Doni near St Marks...great prices decent rooms and in the middle of everything.

Posted by
12 posts

As noted by Michael, my wife and I stayed at the Pensione Guerrato. We liked it very much. It felt secluded...but most things in Venice is an easy walk.

Robert

Posted by
73 posts

We stayed at Hotel Al Leon. Very close to St. Marco square and Very small hotel (7 or 8 rooms) Lovely!

Posted by
8 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Ai Tre Arche in the Cannareggio area, near the train station. That's away from the center of things, but there is a vaporetto (waterbus) station right outside its front door. In less than half an hour on the vaporetto you can be at St. Mark's, then go wherever you want by foot. It was a nice hotel and had a reaaly good breakfast setup. Enjoy your stay in Venice -- it's a magical place. -- Rich Binder, Arvada, Colorado

Posted by
1005 posts

Our family of 4 stayed at one of Hotel Campiello's apartments in the summer of 2007 while in Venice. It was very nice and I have heard good things about the rooms in their hotel also. Breakfast was included. This is very easy to find and a few minutes from St. Mark's Square.

In the summer of 2005 we stayed at Pensione Guerrato which is not too far from the Rialto Bridge and market. Very nice, easy to find and very friendly owners. Breakfast also included. This was already full when we were looking for a place for summer 2007.

On our first visit to Venice in 2002 we stayed at Hotel Rialto right on the Grand Canal next to the Rialto Bridge. This was very expensive back then so today I can't even guess.