Please sign in to post.

hotels in Trastevere

Hi all, 4 of us will in in Rome in September--we are looking into these hotels, if anyone has any information, please let me know of your experience---Grand Hotel del Gianicolo-----Villa della Forte----Horti 14 Borgo Trastevere----Donna Camilia Savelli thanks and happy traveling Greg

Posted by
6992 posts

We stated at Donna Camilla
It was very nice, great location
Easy walk everywhere

Posted by
146 posts

Hello Greg,

I stayed at Donna Camilia Savelli this past summer, based on recommendations here on this forum. While it was a little above my budget, I really enjoyed this hotel. I should note that my room was in the main hotel and my understanding is there is an annex building which may not be as desirable. I chose the deluxe double room and had a view overlooking the central courtyard.

Although the hotel may appear to be rather far from city center, I assure you it is not. It was very easy to navigate by foot and only used a taxi a few times to get to or from points at further sides of the city such as from termini upon arrival.
If you have any other specific questions about this hotel, please feel free to shoot me a message. I also wrote a trip report that may have detailed some of the specifics.
Happy travels,

Crystal