Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Sorrento...

We're deciding between the Grand Hotel de la Ville and Hotel Antiche Mura for a three night stay in Sorrento in late October. Are there any substantive differences between the two that I should be aware of? Based on my research, they seem more similar than not but perhaps I'm missing something.

Thank you!

Posted by
145 posts

We really liked our stay at Hotel Antiche Mura. It was a very convenient location to everything including restaurants and shopping. I'm not familiar with the Grand Hotel de la Ville.

Posted by
16409 posts

We've stayed at Hotel Antiche Mura and loved it but do be aware that it does not have views of the water. Looking at photos of Grand Hotel de la Ville, which appears to overlook the gulf, I'd say that's a notable difference between the two.

Posted by
7059 posts

We stayed at Hotel de la Ville this past May. Loved it. The views are fabulous, breakfast excellent, rooms are beautiful, large and comfortable. Lovely grounds/garden area. It's in a quieter location than Antiche Mura- that's right in center where it is kind of busy all the time. Hotel de la Ville is about 10 min easy walk from the center, 5 to train, on a side street. Lemon grove across the street. Really lovely.
We chose it for the view and it did not disappoint.

Posted by
16409 posts

It's in a quieter location than Antiche Mura- that's right in center
where it is kind of busy all the time.

Just in case anyone else is considering this property, we felt nicely isolated from city noise and hubbub at the Antiche even though it's close to center. Easy walk from the Circumvesuviana station, terrific staff/customer service, attractive grounds and public spaces, and very good breakfast. I would upgrade from a standard room as those might be a little tight.

Posted by
76 posts

I can add support for Hotel de la Ville. Don't forget the rooftop bar and the beautifully appointed rooms with amazing examples of Italian tile and Sorrentine wood inlaid handiwork.

We also signed up for their formal dinner one night. It took us back to an earlier time. The food was superb, the entertainment traditional.

Totally agree that its location offers both spectacular views and a bit of a rest from the hustle & bustle while still being in reasonable walking distance.

Posted by
3961 posts

I would also concur with the amenities of the Grand Hotel de la Ville. Our tour group stayed there several years ago. We appreciated the location, well appointed rooms, stunning views and delicious breakfast. We would definately stay there again.